An EV can be defined as a vehicle that is powered by the help of an e-motor. This process includes drawing electricity from a battery that is suitable for being charged from an exterior source.
Now here are some famous personalities encouraging EV
Narendra Modi Prime Minister of India
- Narendra Modi has been a firm supporter of EVs and has announced initiatives to encourage the adoption of EVs in India.
- In 2018, he launched the "FAME India" scheme aiming to stimulate the use of EVs in India more and make them affordable.
- In general, Modi has taken lots of actions like reducing taxes on EVs, offering subsidies and making up a National Mission on Transformative Mobility and Battery Storage.
Elon Musk, CEO of Tesla
- Elon musk says he encourages car manufacturers to bring electric cars more in numbers to market.
- It's appreciable, and manufacturers need to bring it to market and keep emphasising it, and he has also said to improve the features of electric cars, and that's what is going to result in achieving a feasible transport in the future.
Mary Barra, CEO of General Motors
- General Motors CEO Mary Barra said that the company's EV portfolio appeals to a wider scope of customers than the competition in a lineup that includes a small SUV for around $30,000, plus a luxury SUV, pickup trucks, and Hummer SUVs in the next couple of years.
Arvind Kejriwal, the Chief Minister of Delhi
- Arvind Kejriwal, Chief Minister of Delhi, has spoken about reducing air pollution in Delhi, which is the most polluted city in the world, and he also believes that EVs can play a significant role in achieving this goal.
Joe Biden, President of the United States
- President Joe Biden has said that he supports the shift to EVs and The Biden administration on Wednesday delivered the long-awaited ultimate rules on its national EV charging network, which require the chargers to be constructed immediately in the United States, adding 55% of the cost coming from US-made components by 2024.
- As Electric vehicle familiarities are increasing, more and more EVs can effortlessly fit into the daily drive of drivers.